We collect personal information from visitors to this website [through the use of on-line forms] [and every time you e-mail us your details]. [We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.]
[To access and use the Website, you will need to register with us and create an account on the Website. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (such as your name and email address).]
[We may also collect personal information from you when you:
- correspond with us (for example, when you send us e-mail communications or send letters to us or otherwise make enquiries about the Website); and
- [contribute to our discussion boards on the Website;]]
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to the Website, as described in the section headed “Cookies".
When you provide your personal information to us, you accept that we may retain it and that it may be held by us or any third party that processes it on our behalf for the purposes of providing the information or services which you have requested. Any third parties who process personal information on our behalf are required to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the personal information that they process for us.
Our use of your personal information
We use the personal information we collect from you to:
- [provide and personalise our services;]
- [deal with your inquiries and requests;]
- [administer orders and accounts relating to our suppliers or customers;]
- [administer membership records;]
- [provide reservation or booking services;]
- [allow you to participate in the interactive features on the Website, where you choose to do so;]
- [send you service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;]
- [understand how the Website is used so that we can continuously improve it and the services we provide to you;] and
- [send you newsletters and information about products, services and promotions relating to us [and other Organisation companies] [and/or other third party partners] in accordance with your communication preferences.]
You may opt out of receiving information about our products and services by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in the emails we send, selecting the relevant option on the Website or by sending us an email at email@example.com.
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics about the Website and/or Organisation for marketing and strategic purposes. However, no individual will be individually identifiable from these aggregated and/or anonymised information and statistics.
The sending of electronic marketing material is strictly regulated. We would be happy to discuss the types of consent required from individuals in order that electronic marketing can be sent.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose the personal information we collect from you:
- [to other companies within our corporate group (if any) to provide you with [ service]-related products and services;]
- when we request that you share such information and you choose to do so;
- to third parties that provide services on our behalf and under our instruction (such as IT service providers);
- to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
[We may also share the personal information we collect from you with other companies in our corporate group to provide you with details about other Organisation products and services, unless you tell us you do not want to receive this information.]
[Public areas of the Website]
[We may offer you the opportunity to post, comment or exchange information on publicly accessible areas of the Website. You should exercise caution if you choose to disclose personal information such as your name or contact details when doing so, as this information will be accessible to other individuals using the Website and may be accessible to the general public and indexed by search engines.]
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of personal information in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all personal information collected through the Website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have a right to access the personal information we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Please note that we are entitled to charge a small fee (currently £10) for providing you with copies of personal information we may hold about you.]
If you would like to update the personal information we hold about you, please contact email@example.com
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.