Terms and Conditions
Ellie's Friends Website User Terms and Conditions
- In these Terms of
- "We", "Our" and "Us" means The Eleanor Rose Foundation, a registered charity in England and Wales (1152033) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (8182061). Our registered office is at GROUND FLOOR FLAT, 68 SUDBOURNE ROAD, LONDON SW2 5AH.
- "You" and "Your" means a user of the Ellie's Friends website and its subdomains (the "Website").
Obtaining Services and/or Products
- The Ellie's Friends
Network is made up of suppliers and service providers who have
indicated to Us that they would like to offer certain services,
products and/or facilities either for free or at a discounted rate
"Services and/or Products") to people living with
"Eligible Individuals"). The purpose of
the Website is to provide Eligible Users and their friends and
family members with information about Services and/or Products
available locally. The Website contains:
- names and contact details of suppliers and services providers currently participating in the Ellie's Friends Network ( "Suppliers"); and
- a general description of the Services and/or Products that can be obtained from each Supplier.
- If You are
interested in obtaining Services and/or Products from a Supplier,
You should click on the "redeem" button on the Website
for the relevant Service and/or Product. We will then:
- inform the Supplier of Your interest; and
- pass on to You any information that We receive from the Supplier about the Service and/or Product and its availability, as well as the Supplier's details so that You may contact the Supplier to make arrangements with the Supplier to redeem the offer, if You wish to proceed.
- If You make an appointment with a Supplier and Your circumstances change, please endeavour to cancel Your appointment 48 hours prior to the booking, if possible. As well as being a courtesy to the Supplier, this may also enable other users to make use of the service.
- You acknowledge
- any contract for the supply or sale of Services and/or Products to You (" Supply Contract ") shall be between You and the relevant Supplier. The Eleanor Rose Foundation shall not be a party to any Supply Contract;
- the Supplier (and not The Eleanor Rose Foundation) is responsible for the Services and/or Products and for delivering or providing Services and/or Products to You, as well as for all arrangements concerning returns.
- The Ellie's Friends Network is made up of suppliers and service providers who have indicated to Us that they would like to offer certain services, products and/or facilities either for free or at a discounted rate ( "Services and/or Products") to people living with cancer ( "Eligible Individuals"). The purpose of the Website is to provide Eligible Users and their friends and family members with information about Services and/or Products available locally. The Website contains:
Suitability of Services and/or Products and Medical Disclaimer
- Information on the Website about particular Suppliers and their Services and/or Products (" Product Information") is prepared and provided by the relevant Supplier and not by the Eleanor Rose Foundation.
- All Product Information has been prepared for general information purposes only and does not reflect Your or any other person's individual requirements or circumstances.
- Nothing on the Website is intended to constitute medical advice and You should not rely on or treat any Product Information as medical advice. We strongly recommend that You consult a medical professional before obtaining or using any Services and/or Products to satisfy Yourself that the Service and/or Product is suitable for Your (or the particular Eligible Individual's) use.
Problems with Services and/or Products
- If You experience a problem with a Service and/or Product or a Supplier, then You should raise this with the Supplier. However, if the Supplier has provided a Service and/or Product free of charge, We would respectfully ask that You take this into account when giving feedback or pursuing any complaint.
- We welcome user feedback on Services and/or Products. If You experience a problem with a Supplier, or a Service and/or Product then We would like to hear about it so We can decide how to proceed with that Supplier. Please send Your feedback to Us at [ insert email address].
General Disclaimer of Liability
- death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence;
- fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- The Eleanor Rose
Foundation gives no warranties, assurances or guarantees in respect
of Services and/or Products or Product Information. To the maximum
extent permitted under applicable law, We exclude all implied
terms, conditions, warranties, representations and endorsements
whatsoever with regard to Services and/or Products and Product
Information. Accordingly, subject to Clause 7.1, The Eleanor Rose
Foundation accepts no liability whatsoever whether in contract,
tort (including negligence) or otherwise for:
- Services and/or Products,;
- any loss or damage that You or any other person might suffer or incur as a result of Your or any other person's use of any Services and/or Products;
- Your or any other person's use of or reliance on Product Information.
You agree that You will not use (or attempt to use) the Website:
- for any illegal purpose;
- to infringe the intellectual property rights of any person;
- to send unsolicited email or instant messages, music or video files, executable program files, or any unreasonably large files;
- to create a false identity, or to impersonate any person or organisation;
- to upload post, email or transmit viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other software, files or programs that may interrupt, damage, destroy, disable, impair or limit the operation or functionality of the Website or any computer software or hardware or network equipment;
- interfere with any other person’s lawful use of the Website; or
- to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.
- You agree that You will not use (or attempt to use) the Website:
- Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and all content on the Website belong to The Eleanor Rose Foundation and its licensors.
- You may access and view the Website for Your personal use.
- You agree not to link from any other web site to the Website in any manner such that the Website, or any page of the Website, is "framed," surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding.
Third Party Websites
- The Website may include links to third party web sites and third party web sites may link to the Website (" Linked Sites"). You acknowledge and agree that We have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials provided by or through Linked Sites. Links to or from Linked Sites do not constitute Our endorsement or sponsorship of such sites or the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials presented on or through such sites. To the fullest extent allowed by law, We shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through a Linked Site.
Availability of the Website and viruses
- While We endeavour to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, We shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We give no warranties that the Website or its functionality or the content provided or made available on or through the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the servers and or other equipment and services required to make the Website available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
Governing law and jurisdiction